View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 12:47 PM   #6
LuvtheCooper
& LuvtheCarley too!
Donating Member

Cooper just flew to Texas and back a couple weeks ago. His vet recommended not to sedate him, but she did say if I wanted to she would give me something. She said if I were to sedate him, I would need to try it a couple times before leaving to find the right dosage. I opted not to because, well one, she thought I shouldn't and two, I didn't want to sedate him several times to get the right dosage. I decided that if he didn't do well on the first leg, then I would get it for the return trip. Well no worries at all!!!! He was fantastic!! Keep in mind too, this is a dog who hates his crate and would never voluntarily go in it EVER!!
I got a soft sided crate (much like the cute one I saw you had purchased on another thread). He barked at it when I brought it home and only grudgingly went in it to try it out. I was really dreading this trip by now and thinking "UH OH!!" Well, he couldn't have behaved any better. When we landed, I took him right out of the bag (Airline regs said he had to stay in the bag, including head and tail from take-off to landing) and the lady next to me said...:"You had a dog in there?" (I don't know who she thought I was talking to under the seat in front of me the entire flight!! ) Even the flight attendent said as we were leaving..."you had a dog with you?" Then on the return flight, at the airport, I was sitting on the floor with him and the bag unzipped and he went in there himself and laid down with his head out the front part. He was soo great and I will not ever hesitate to fly with him again. I hope your trip goes as well and since it looks like your baby already doesn't mind his bag....I am sure it will!! Have fun!!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!