View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 10:14 AM   #6
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshopper73
Alright...sometime last week, there was a dead baby bird on my side walk (that leads to the driveway) and it's head was gone (happened during the day).

Sunday, I opened the front door (going to see my mom) and there was a dead dove. I'm guessing it was chased by something and ran into my glass door, thus, killing it.

Today, on the sidewalk in front of our house, a larger bird with it's head missing.

Either someone is trying to do a voo doo hex curse on me or something is killing these birds and only eating the head.

Hubby says it might be a possum...but they don't come out during the day and it would probably eat just about everything...not just the head.

This also just reminded me of when we lived WAY in the country and had a litter of barn kittens. Heard a bunch of fuss going on outside and upon inspection, there was only one kitten left and the other 3 were in the yard with their heads gone...but it was during the night...not like with the birds.

Do any of you know of an animal that just eats the heads?
My Grandparents have a farm and say that racoons will eat the heads off birds and small animals - who would have thought? I figured racoons only ate berries and fish. To double check, I googled it. But I heard that owls and hawks could do the same thing and sometimes a oppossum or fox. But it looks like a racoon is probably the one doing the damage.
Jenn218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!