Thread: Ebay Problem!
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 07:15 PM   #10
HeatherHamptons
Got Yorkie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whispersmom2
So sorry to hear about the problem. BUT, your first responsibility is to your baby. Do as YorkieRose says and you will be okay. Put several layers of old towels in the box and take one out each time she has a puppy. Many if not most people use newspaper but I just cannot do that. Have you had your baby checked by the vet since she tied with the male? If you have a regular vet make sure you notify him/her to be on stand by when the whelping starts. Then, ask the vet if the mom needs an oxytocin shot to make sure she is cleaned out. As YorkieRose said, make sure the heating pad doesn't touch the babies but keep them warm..You can get the feeding bottles and formula at any pet store but hopefully you will not need them...
I have a heating pad and whelping box (a nice size one) as well as blankets and washcloths. Angel was checked by the vet about a week ago. The vet said she is VERY healthy and she should have no problem passing the pups. Of course problems can arise but we don't forsee (sp) that happening.

As far as the vet being on standy by, well, im s**t outta luck there (sorry for the fowl lanuage). I live in the middle of nowhere and out here when a vet closes....they REALLY close. They told me if they are closed and we need help to go to the animal hospital. Unfortunately the animal hospital is about a 35 minute drive. EEEEKKK!!!
HeatherHamptons is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!