View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 07:58 PM   #1
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Cry Horrible News Tonight

One of my first cousins called me around 8:30 tonight and asked me if I had heard from my brother and then asked me if I was sitting down. Immediately the first thing that went through my mind was something happened to my mom. She is staying with him.

My 87(May 28) year old grandfather(mom's dad) passed away today. Good news is he hadn't been sick he went yesterday to the cemetery to visit my grandmother which is about an hour from his house and stoped at my uncles(his son) and spent the afternoon with them and had supper with them as well then left about 6:30 and headed home.

One of my other uncles stoped by to see him on his way home from work today and found him on his tractor. I'm sure he was tilling the garden getting it ready to plant. At least he was doing what he loved best. He had 10 acres of land with a huge house sitting right in the middle.

My grandmother died almost 5 years ago she died on my 36th birthday June, 7. I've always been extremely close to my grandparents. They were more like second parents to me. When I was a kid I spent my summer and winter breaks with them.

I'm still not sure exactly what happened other than I sure it was a heart attack and pray to God that it was quick and no pain involved.

My grandparents were some of the most religious people I've ever know. So I know in my heart they are together once again and watching over us and keeping us safe.

He lives in Abingdon, VA so in a couple of days we will be making the 300 mile trip up there. I just spoke with him on Sat and I'm glad that I did. I tried to call him at least once a week sometimes more.

It hasn't really hit me yet. I know it won't until we get up there and start dealing with things. I dread it so bad.

Sorry for rambling. My oldest nephew is also graduating from high school on Thursday 18th some graduation it's going to be.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by shecass; 05-15-2006 at 08:02 PM.
shecass is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!