View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 07:00 PM   #10
Amyluv
Yorkie Talker

I have another question, has anyone experienced sinus infection or sinus congestion, or sinusitis with their Yorkie or severe allergies? Since this mucus sounds more like it is coming from Amy's nose it would be helpful to talk with someone who has gone through sinus problems too. We are so hoping and praying that someone can share what they have experienced with both collapsing trachea and sinus problems, so that then maybe we can see that somethings are common with one condition or the other, it would just be comforting to know and not feel so alone and constantly wondering if there is something that we can do that we are not yet doing. I have been giving Amy the low dose end of benadryl, but tonight I am going to up that a bit to see if it helps even more at the 4 to 7am severe mucus time.
She coughs all the time unless she is on some medication which she is sensitive to so I don't have to give her very much at all. About a month ago she was having bad difficulty breathing so rushed her in and they gave her a shot of Prednisone, and we took some home in pill form, also antibiotics, they said that maybe the mucos was a result from the coughing, and that then when the coughing stopped and the antibiotic cleared up any infections in the throat then maybe the mucus would clear up, but this has not been the case, basically no vet really answers us . They gave extra antibiotics to give her when we know she has an infection so has to begin that right away and of course the prednisone.
So then Amy is on antibiotics right now and the prednisone 1 week on and then every other day to taper off. We already did this routine though just a month to a month and a half ago with no results. I feel helpless, she begs me to help her, sometimes I break down and cry as I pray for her, holding her ever so close to me wrapped in her special pink blankie with her favorite little baby doll. Yes, one year for Christmas we were wrapping presents for someone and Amy was checking out the gifts, when she saw this little baby doll just her size she decided that was her Christmas present and she carried it off, laid down with dolly with her hand over it holding it, this was her new baby doll, and of course Amy gets whatever she wants, she is so very loved, she is my little girl, ever since she makes sure she has her baby dolly with her when she sleeps or as she's laying down not feeling good.
So wrapped in her favorite pink blankie and her special baby dolly I hold her close to me praying for an answer.
Amy and I Thank you for all who have answered, and are praying.
Rachel and Amy
Amyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!