View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 04:12 PM   #1
mikey
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default i just couldn't leave him..

this is my first post on this forum.

i just thought this story should be shared with other dog lovers.

first of all, my name is mikey and i'm a 20 year old college student who LOVES dogs. i've been wanting an inside dog, either a yorkie or a schnauzer, forever. but i still live with my mom, to save money for my last two years in college, and she doesnt like the idea of a dog inside, mainly because she knows potty training is so tough. i will be moving away to finish school in two months so i was planning on buying an older, already potty trained dog then.

well..

last saturday i went to my town's flea market with my friend aaron. before we got out of the car i said, "do NOT let me buy a dog, my mom will crap a brick!"

so we go in looking at every boothe that sells puppies. we eventually made our way to one way who had an older yorkie in a TINY cage sitting on top of all the others (it was very high up and totally not safe for a full grown yorkie, not to mention he could barely turn a circle in the cage.)

well. my heart broke. and i started asking her questions about him and the only thing she knew about him was that he had had his shots. that's all. she didnt even know his name.

and she thought he was potty trained because he would start barking and crying until he pottied, and then he was quiet. she had been ignoring him.

and oh. i just couldnt take it. i knew it was incredibly risky buying a dog from this shady woman. she was asking $400, but i talked her down to $350. which i know is WAY too much. but.. i only had $416 in my bank account.. so every little bit helps.

so i ran to the bank and i came back and bought him.

i figured that if he turned out to not be potty trained or had some other severe problem that i couldnt handle in the next two months while i'm still at home, i could just take him to an official yorkie rescue group.

BUT

he's wonderful. he's my baby. he's completely potty trained and he's learning all kinds of new tricks. some times risks do pay off.

he's is worth every penny.

i named him baxter
Attached Thumbnails
i just couldn't leave him..-photo_10.jpg   i just couldn't leave him..-dsc02095.jpg   i just couldn't leave him..-dsc021012.jpg  
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!