View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 03:28 PM   #14
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

I have used the swifter products (including Wet Jet) for as long as they have been out -- and have had three dogs and two cats that have never had any problem at all.

I agree so completely with being careful about spreading rumors. Just one mention of something like this (like the first post here - or the person who sent that poster an E-mail) can quickly lead to hundreds of incorrect posts all over the Internet and continue through further E-mail -- and, then it goes on and on.. to even further spread this incorrect information.

We shouldn't regard information like this as true until we check it out (regardless of who sends it to us). We need to go to prime sources -- carefully read the labels on these products ourselves - visit these companies websites - they are usually always ready to provide us with further information. (And - of course - it is to their benefit to be as truthful as possible - because they don't want pets to die - or be liable in the event that pets do get sick or die from their products.)

I personally never believe any of these rumors until I check them out for myself.

I also couldn't see how this product could be too harmful anyway - because by the time I get done with my floor and turn around - it's almost completely dry. And - if I'm cleaning a floor - whether the product is safe or not - it is the last room I want my pets in anyway.....

Again - it's a shame that rumors like this every get started....

Certainly there are products that aren't safe for us, our children, or our animals - and we do need to take precautions when we use them -- and, most of these products do state this information on their labels.....

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!