View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 09:08 AM   #6
HShanks
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Abbie

Thanks everyone. It has been 7 hours and Abbie has been seizure free. She is acting perfectly normal now. She has been playful and has been eating well. I did give her another bit of honey, just in case it was the hypoglycemia. She weighs 2.75 lbs as of Thursday.

After talking to friends and family members, I'm beginning to wonder if it wasn't the mushroom or some other foreign substance such as an insect. We live in SC and there is a slew of insects to choose from in any given yard. We spent a good deal of time outside yesterday while our daughter was swimming. I wonder if she ate a spider or beetle? It just seems like she would have other symptoms if it were liver trouble or hypoglycemia.

I also wondered about your thoughts on this: Per vet instructions, I gave her Sentinel and Frontline. I did not realize at the time that Sentinel was effective in treating fleas, I thought it was only for parasites such as worms. Aren't I overtreating her if I'm using both? Is is possible that this caused the reaction? I gave them to her 2 weeks ago...seems like a long time for a reaction to occur.

Thank you for keeping her in your thoughts.

Last edited by HShanks; 05-14-2006 at 09:10 AM.
HShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!