Thread: I Remember..
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 04:44 PM   #6
Patti
Donating YT 30K Club Member

That is a lovely idea! I may steal that idea. My Mom is 86 years old and in failing health/ My parents sold their house and moved to an apartment to be close to me so I can help them. I have prety much taken over their complete care and my Mom keeps saying what would she do with out me and feels so bad that they are so dependent upon me. I keep telling her that I could never begin to pay her back for al she has done for me. We grew up poor but never knew it becaus we always had enough and my Mom worked hard to put 4 kids through Catholic school and we always had a great Christmas even though I know she had to take extra babysitting jobs to pull it off. WHen I had my dtr 20 yrs ago she was premature but healthy and my mom said you are not putting her in daycare and she took care of her from 6 weeks to 6 years of age and would never take a penny and they were 66 years old and just retired. She then took my sisters 2 kids 2 years later so at the age of 68 she had 2 kids under the age of 4 that she took every week day and was only sick one day where she couldn't take them! How do you ever repay that! I know the time is coming where she won't be here but I am so happy I can spend this time with them now.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!