View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 01:56 PM   #9
DianaB
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie's Mom
Got another one...with Mother's Day on Sunday this is a good time to tell this one!

Years ago when Live with Regis & Kelly was Live with Regis & Kathy Lee they used to replay their Mother's Day special on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Hubby and I were watching it one year and talking about the neat things they were doing for Mom's they had selected to have on the show. Suddenly it dawns on him that it was a "Mother's Day Special" and he looks at me and said "Is today Mother's Day" of course I did what any good wife would do when asked a stupid ? like that and I said "Yes" He then goes on to say how sorry he was because he hadn't gotten me anything. I tell him that is OK we've been real busy with Thanksgiving and a house full of company...then I ask him, have you called your Mom yet? No..so then he calls her and leaves her a Happy Mother's Day message!
My brother and his family were at our house for Tgiving and I go tell my sil what is going on....by this time we are rolling of the floor laughing
We get all the kids in on it..they are telling us Happy Mother's Day and making homemade cards at the table...when my brother finally feels sorry for him and tells him the truth!! To this day we all say Happy Mother's Day on the Friday after Thanksgiving and when he does forget the real Mother's Day, he says I didn't forget...it is in November!!!
That's a good one!!!! Your family must be related to my family because we would have done the same thing!!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!