Thread: I Remember..
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
deb4air
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo's Mom
My Mom is 76 years old. After stressing about how to buy her a present this year, I have come up with something different. I bought a small journal at Walmart with a picture of a little girl on the front. Inside I wrote To Mamma and at the bottom of the page I wrote "I Remember..."

On each page after that I wrote different special things from my childhood that I remembered she had done for me..like hanging my leotards on the heater before she would help me put them on. and ironing mt tu tu for ballet class on tuesday's. The birthday's where my friends and I would dress up in our mom's dresses and heels, standing in the kithchen chair with her apron on , washing dishes..and scratching up that same chair with the pot I used to sit on to eat at the table. Stuff like that. The memories would change as I grew older. I am 47 now and gray, mom is silver haired. I ended my book hoping to be half the grandmother to my grandchildren that she has been to hers. She has had breast cancer and just lost half her nose to skin cancer. How many mother's days will I have left with her? Just thought it was special. Gonna pick a flower from the garden to press in it tonight before I go to bed. We are not really the mushy I love you types, but I think it's time for both of us. Thought I would share.
I love what your doing for you both , My mom died on mothers day about 4 yrs ago she was 75 I was 46 she had non hodgkins lymphomia and had cervixal cancer 8 yrs prior to that Every year after the Cancer , we never took anything for granted , we talked and talked and got real close It was a very healing time for us both .She knew beyound a shadow of dout that I loved her and she me ..It's the one thing I can say has stayed with me through each passing mothers days Mom truely was a love of mine "Thanks so much for sharing your mom and you with me ..and us here at YT ..May you both have many more special moments to love .And many more mothers days ~
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!