Thread: I Remember..
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 11:34 AM   #1
Gizmo's Mom
No Longer a Member

Rose I Remember..

My Mom is 76 years old. After stressing about how to buy her a present this year, I have come up with something different. I bought a small journal at Walmart with a picture of a little girl on the front. Inside I wrote To Mamma and at the bottom of the page I wrote "I Remember..."

On each page after that I wrote different special things from my childhood that I remembered she had done for me..like hanging my leotards on the heater before she would help me put them on. and ironing mt tu tu for ballet class on tuesday's. The birthday's where my friends and I would dress up in our mom's dresses and heels, standing in the kithchen chair with her apron on , washing dishes..and scratching up that same chair with the pot I used to sit on to eat at the table. Stuff like that. The memories would change as I grew older. I am 47 now and gray, mom is silver haired. I ended my book hoping to be half the grandmother to my grandchildren that she has been to hers. She has had breast cancer and just lost half her nose to skin cancer. How many mother's days will I have left with her? Just thought it was special. Gonna pick a flower from the garden to press in it tonight before I go to bed. We are not really the mushy I love you types, but I think it's time for both of us. Thought I would share.
Gizmo's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!