View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #14
Dan & Corinne
Inactive Account

Thumbs up Jewel Update 5/11/2006 - She Turned 3 Years Old!!

Hi Everyone!

Jewel is still doing quite well since the last post and we had a big celebration for her 3rd Birthday! She got new beds and Dan cooked her a New York Steak! Seems the the combination of loading her up with water and the accupuncture is doing their jobs!

Her accupuncture doctor said "I don't like to use the term too often but what I'm seeing here is a miracle...". "I honostly did not have a good prognosis for her".

Her last bloodwork was much better too.

She is running more, her eyes are clear and alert, her right ear is moving again and there is not a word I can find to describe how eleated we are.

The down side is, she is having seizures more often now. I spoke with her neurologist today and we are going to give her a "Loading" dose of the potassium bromide and will be increasing her daily dosage. It will be 1 year since her first seizure on Mothers Day.

Thank you to each and everyone for your thoughts, prayers and concerns. She wasn't supposed to make it to July 2005. She celebrated Christmas, Easter & her 3rd Birthday. Please keep on praying for her so she can celebrate them all again!
Dan & Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!