Thread: Indiana Breeder
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 04:03 PM   #5
Yorkie3
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Hello, I got my Joey from Julie Hoffa of Halfpint Yorkies. Joey is small 3 lbs 14 ozs. I got him at 8 weeks old. He will be 2 in July. He should have stayed longer with her, but at the time I didn't know. We had him one week and he developed Coccidia, with the Coccidia came hypoglycemia. He was one sick puppy for quite awhile. She did tell me that none of her Yorkies ever had the coccidia but her Shepards did. If you've been to Julie's you know where she keeps her shepards. That fence (kennel) is connected to the house (garage). The garage houses all her Yorkies. I think she keeps a couple in the house, nursing mothers and such, but others are out in that converted garage type room. Ask to see it. I liked Julie a lot, and she was nice enough to give me some of my money back, because the coccidia came from her place and the vet bills were horrid. She said she wanted pictures as he grew and as an adult, but has not returned any of my e-mails like she did at first. I also asked her if she had had any chocolates born, because Joey and Emilee had a litter of 5 with one chocolate. She never answered me. From what I understand both parents have to have this recessive gene for that to happen. So you'll have to form your own opinion, hope this helps.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!