Thread: Ear Mites????
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 01:31 PM   #13
jackandjill
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Well, we went to the Vet and is was NOT Ear Mites. So sorry, all that advise for nothing, or at least not this time.
He just had dirty ears, which I could not imagine because he hardly ever goes outside and I just had him groomed 3 weeks ago.
The vet gave me a ear wash, and I have to liberally put it in his ear every other day for 4 days, and massage his ears afterwards. Then use a paper towel or washcloth to grab anything that may loosen. Yeah right!, he doesn't know my Jack. It took my husband to hold him down to put the wash in, and then a struggle to do the massaging. He then got away and ran around in circles. I grabbed him to use the paper towel, but he would NOT let me get near his ears. It was only after he fell asleep last night that I managed to stroke his head then inched my way into the outer ear. Oh well, I only have to do this 3 more times, then once a month.
Oh, and the little bugger now weighs 10 1b 2 oz. The Doc says he is very healthy and it is not fat so I feel better. Both of his parents were 7 1b.
Thank you all again for all the advise.

Jack's Jill
jackandjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!