View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 08:56 PM   #31
cheryl000
YT 1000 Club Member

Okay, sorry. I know this will be long but I just had one of the worst experiences of my life.
So the police called the owner and she called me back. She was a VERY nice woman who said that she couldn't believe they closed up without giving the cat back. She also said that she has tried to retire for a while now but hasn't been able to because of not being able to find good help, so apparently bad stuff has happened before. She apologized and told me that she sent the lady over to get the cat out ASAP. I told her thank you and that I was headed there right away. I can't say enough how nice and apologetic this lady was. I suggested to her next time to offer emergency numbers, to call the person, and to tell people to pick up their pets no later than 530 since they close at 6.
So I got there and waited about 10 minutes with my son and the lady pulls up in her car. She walks up to the door and unlocks it and then she turns around and says that she can't believe that I lied to the police. I told her that I did not lie. She kept saying that over and over again and then she even said she waited for me after 6! She said that they didn't have a phone number written down for me. I gave them 2 phone numbers. She said the cat was safe and when I didn't come she put her carrier up on the shelf and gave her food. I said that she shouldn't have given her food without knowing what she eats. I knew we were getting no where, so I just told her that I wanted the cat back. So get this. She tells me that I OWE HER ANOTHER $25 for "after hours care!" So it would be $70. I said whatever and then she went inside to write the bill.
Then I thought about it. She is probably going to pocket the $25! I am not going to let her make a career out of all of the stress and anguish she put me through tonight. So I told her that I would not pay that $25 fee and she said I couldn't have my cat back! I asked her if she could call the owner because the owner DID NOT say anything about an extra $25 and was even apologizing to me. The lady said that she is the assistant manager and can do that. I asked her, "Well what if you pocket that money as a tip?" Then she said she wasn't getting paid to drive all the way out here!
I asked her to call the owner, I want to hear it from her. She said I could come in and talk the owners in the morning during working hours but I have to pay the fee. (This b*tch would do anything for that $25 right? Maybe she saw it as an money making opportunity or is just being spiteful.) I told her that my cell phone wasn't recieving a signal, so I can't call the owner but I'll call the police as soon as I get to a phone. She then went inside for 10 minutes "calling the owner." Then she went back outside and said I don't have to pay the fee, just the $45.
Thought the story was finished? I WISH! So I thought, great and went to the car and wrote the check. Then I handed it from her and she said that they don't take checks. I told her that she did last time. And she said that she didn't. I told her that when I went there a month ago they took checks! She said that under these circumstances cash only.Not even a creditcard.(I think she just wanted to pocket my money again for herself) So I told her that I do not carry THAT much cash on me and where is the closest ATM. She gave me some complicated directions that didn't make sense (Get in the left lane after the bridge and turn right??? I still don't understand that one.) And after she gave the directions 3 times and I got a paper to write it down she finally said a check would be okay. I do think maybe my 4 year old had something to do with it because he asked her why she won't give the kitty back.
So I got her back finally and took her out to make sure she was okay. She was upset and they put a bandana thing around her neck. (I really hate when they do that because she is not used to things around her neck.) But she is laying on the bed where she belongs so happy to be home.
I am sorry this got so long. I knew that you guys would understand it if your baby locked up in some building by herself. So I really want to thank you YT. I probably wouldn't have had the guts to call the police or tell the lady NO when she tried to charge me the extra $25. I don't have any family here and my husband is my rock. But he goes underway in the Navy like he is right now and I really feel like I have you guys to rely when I need support. Thanks again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 049.jpg (139.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 053.jpg (147.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 051.jpg (140.8 KB, 33 views)
cheryl000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!