Thread: How many?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
red rock blues
No Longer a Member

Question How many?

I can see that most of the breeders here keep all of their yorkies in their homes. The most I ever had at one time was 3, and I was illegal, (2 being the max in a city). Even tho my name on here might sound like a kennel, I actually live in a townhouse right now and can have only 1 dog. (I have 2 and just got quizzed about it from my HOA). How do you guys have 5 or 6 in a residential neighborhood. I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I have begun my search for property in the country that has animal rights. I could never imagine a yorkie in a kennel, so acreage seems extreme. Do you let them outside in shifts of 2 or something, or are my neighbors (soon to be EX-neighbors) just exceptionally nosey. I mean both dogs total 6 lbs. and are not barkers. I plan to spend the rest of my life striving to create the perfect yorkie, although I can't see having more than 5-6 dogs at the most. Shouldn't need an acre for that, especially when they're mostly in the house. Mine are never even outside long without supervision, as there are hawks and eagles. Like I said, I understand this is a stupid question, but I sure would like to know if there are ways around it. I'm already living in the boonies. Thanks, Janet
red rock blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!