Thread: What time
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 06:15 AM   #3
Figment713
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Actually, the answer to this depends on the day of the week, and which "wake up call" you're considering.

Maggie, the older of my two dogs at nearly 4 years of age, is small (about 4.5 pounds). I don't think there have been more than a handful of nights since I've had her that she has been able to sleep all the way through the night without a potty call...generally around 2:45 or 3:00. She is, very quick about this...goes outside, pees and comes back to bed.

Since Molly has joined our family (last week), I drag her little butt (around 2 pounds) out of the crate to potty when Maggie does in the middle of the night.

Because I like getting home from work early, and being able to commute both ways in advance of the traffic, I leave for work at 6:00 weekdays. This means we're all getting up at around 5:00.

Left to their own devices...say on weekends, Maggie and Molly would cheerfully be "9:00 dogs". But it's me tossing them out in the cold (twice) before I put them in their puppy condos for the day. (Maggie has always been crated in a HUGE crate during the time I'm at work. When Molly was coming, I traded in the one huge crate, on two smaller crates...meant for dogs of 25 pounds...which I placed next to one another. Instant Yorkie Condos...I didn't think it was fair for Maggie to have to deal with the mess of a not yet house broken puppy in her crate. I wanted them, however to see one another and become friends. Seems to work for us...)
Figment713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!