Thread: Liver Cancer
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 07:47 PM   #3
Kenzies Grandma
YT Addict

Cry I'm so so sorry.

I know how devastating this must be for you. I haven't had quite the experience you are going through, we never got as far as the biopsy stage. My 12 1/2 yr. old Tori was taken ill last summer (then I found lumps all around her nipples). Her vet said that he was quite sure that she would survive surgery to remove them and that it could give her more time even though there was a possibility that they would come back. We decided to go ahead with the surgery and took her in. However when they did the pre-op blood tests he discovered that things were worse than he thought. He felt she wasn't in good enough shape to have the surgery (very anemic) and suggested waiting a month and giving her vitamins to build up her blood.
Unfortunately we didn't get that far. She started to go down hill very rapidly, couldn't keep the vitamins down, seemed to be in pain and very lethargic. Our vet looked at her again and said that of course it was up to us but if she were his dog he would consider ending it for her. he was pretty sure that the cancer had spread further inside. I was heartbroken, in only about 3 - 4 weeks she had gone from a sweet lively little girl to a sick, sad little old dog. I couldn't bear it, she just wanted to be held all the time and seemed to be looking at me saying Help me, Mom. It was the hardest thing I've ever done but I took her in and held her while Dr. Greg put her to sleep.
I'm sorry this is so long and it probably won't help you much but I guess what I'm trying to say is that the important thing is the comfort and quality of your little girl's life. Whatever you decide I know you will do what's best for her.
I'll be thinking of you.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!