View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 04:55 PM   #8
teffiemoore
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Yes, we have gone through the same thing here???? Yogi, our 13 month old male began a week ago with diarrhea for 2 days and then started having bloody diarrhea. We took him in to the Vet. He gave him a shot of antibiotics because he had a little temp also., then 2 days later, he started vomiting mucus with blood in it, at 4:00 in the morning, called the Vet, took him in at 7:00 and he then gave him an injection of an anitnausea med and changed his antibiotic, put him on a different food. He was better for 4 days then started vomiting again 3 times in a row, I just waited it out with making sure he was still drinking fluids and he was fine???? Dori our female of 18 months started vomiting 4 days after Yogi started , I took her right after she vomited the first time and the Vet went ahead to treat her with the same meds. He said they can get viruses and intestinal bacterial infections just like we do, they are just a little more sensitive than us with the irritation symtoms like the bloody stools and vomit. THey are both fine now. Never got a "for sure" diagnosis. I trust my Vet, have known him for 20 years. Hope your little one is doing better now???
teffiemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!