View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 08:38 AM   #1
ReggiesMom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Reggie Vomitting a Little Blood

Reggie didn't eat yesterday afternoon and threw up food plus what looked like a small amount of blood. Since the "blood" could have been his treat sausage, we decided to monitor him. He was drinking water last night and this morning although he continued to throw up mucus and small flecks of blood.

This morning he had diarrhea that smelled extremely foul and threw up a couple more times so I took him to the emergency vet. Since Parvo has been rampant in our area, the vet tested Reggie but it was negative. He couldn't find any indications that Reggie had an obstruction either.

The vet gave Reggie a shot of some antihistamine (he said to quiet Reggie and help him sleep and let his tummy calm down). He also gave me some antibiotics (Albon) to start giving Reggie once a day in case he has a bacteria.

Anyone have an experience like this that can shed some light on what might be wrong? Reggie has been sleeping (restlessly) and refuses water. I'm worried. Reggie is 5 months old and weighs about 5.5 pounds.

Please say a prayer for my little guy and I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Ruth
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!