View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 09:29 PM   #1
foxontherun613
Yorkie Yakker

Default Thinking Of Getting A Yorkie

Well, I have always wanted a little dog, and have met alot of Yorkies. I've liked some and disliked others, but the ones I liked, I REALLY liked. More so then other dogs. My boyfriend's parents have always had Yorkies so he has experience with them as well and likes them alot too.

I have a German Shepherd, they are my "special breed" and I plan to have more in the future, I also foster German Shepherds. If we got a Yorkie, it would be our special "tiny dog".

Course, I don't plan on getting a Yorkie soon. I know literally nothing of the breed (other then they're very cute) and would like to research them and breeders before I even get close to getting one, I may very well rescue one, no clue right now.

So to all Yorkie owners, I'm here to learn everything I can on Yorkies, what to look for in this breed's breeders, etc. For example I know German Shepherds come in a vast variety of coats, colors, and specific lines, I would like to learn the same of Yorkies. What is their usual temperament, what homes suit them best, what health problems target their breed, how easy are they to train, etc etc.

Thanks!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!