Thread: Leggs Perth
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 12:14 PM   #1
dezertblu
YT Addict

Default Leggs Perth

The vet is quite convinced Moe has Leggs Perth.....he wakes up from every nap not using one leg, if he has any "energetic" exercise he stops using that same leg......this is why I am looking for the legs out carry pouch, to lessen his load while walking the bigger dogs, anyways.....my question is....is there anything I can do from home to help with his limping, or to lessen the pain? The vet says he wouldn't even be considered for surgery until he reaches a year old, he is only 9 months old, so quite a ways to go.They gave him an injection to lessen the pain and such the first time it started really acting up, then sent me home with anti inflam pills , The shot cost £15 and the pills £10 for 10 tablets, this could get to be a VERY costly thing to keep at bay until he is old enough for surgery, and I am as far from rich as it gets, so I was wondering if there were things at home and over the counter that are SAFE for him to take that may do similar things...anti inflam and pain killing? I would obviously take him in to the vet if he became as lame as he was again, but when it's just minor limping after a nap and such..what can I do from home?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!