View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 09:42 AM   #6
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchgirl
Wow Courtney...bad news. Never ever answer or click anything in these emails. Go directly to the site.

And I have my email preferences on eBay set to HTML only. Any emails I receive from eBay or Paypal do NOT contain images (their logo)....just words. Of course the scammers don't know how my preferences are set....those emails still contain the logos. Even though I have them set that way....I don't even bother opening emails saying...account verification, or suspended or whatever they use in the subject line...I just delete them. d
Deleting them has reduced the number that I receive. I can't remember when I got the last one.

Good luck on getting your information straight with Paypal.
This is called phishing - (like FISHING) for our information - as with your banks...credit cards..and PAY PAL - NEVER CLICK INTO A LINK - LOG ONTO the site FIRST - and contact them from there - this is how scammers get access and they are VERY GOOD AT IT.

Pay pal has an email address you can FORWARD any emails to and they WILL write you back and let you know you were being scammed.

A GOOD RULE on the net is to never for ANY reason respond to an email... or click any links - you can always contact someone via their website without opening yourself up for a scammer....no matter HOW realistic the email looks !

Last edited by red98vett; 05-04-2006 at 09:45 AM.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!