View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 08:30 AM   #3
Kathryn_V
Out to Spoil the World!
Donating Member

My girls would matt sooooooooo bad if I left anything on them full time!!!

I keep all of their tags on their harness.

As for ID when they are in their Birthday Suits...... They are both Microchipped.... I know that it does not help for the person who finds the dog, cause they won't know my dog is chipped.... but if they take it to a vet or a shelter it can be scanned. And its a Legal Form of ID, meaning it is admissible in a Court of Law. Their dog tags arent. And tatoos can be altered. So for me its the next best thing.... Collars get removed by people who want to keep your pup. They get removed by people who thing you have abused and neglected your dog..... just think of what an afternoon of rolling in the sprinklers and dirt can make your Yorkie look like! Hmmmm, major neglect case! But that microchip can get you your dog back if you find him or her! The Police will not help you if the animal is not chipped or tattooed. (Positive form of ID)

And its not enough to get the chip! you need to follow through and register it!!!! Otherwise it is traced back to the vet or orginazation you got it from... and maybe they have a good enough record keeping system and it will be traced to you, but that takes time.... just register the darn chip!

But if you keep a full coat and don't want breakage, matts, or the risk of strangulation.... I would not do a collar 24 hours.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!