View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 07:22 AM   #2
Francie
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baileys_Momma
This last weekend I received an email from service@paypal.com stating that my account was randomly selected for confirmation of my account information and that my account would be restricted until I confirmed my information. Because I have received an email from Paypal like this before I didn't question it. I started filling in the information and it asked me for my full name, address, credit card number that I registered with, mother's maiden name and the PIN NUMBER to my credit card I couldn't believe this. I stopped, did not hit send and opened another browser to Paypal's direct website (www.paypal.com) If my account had been restricted it would have said so the minute that I logged on but that did not happen, everything with my account was fine and I sent myself a transfer of funds just to verify. I clicked on Paypal's security link and it explained about phishing emails that have been going around and if you get one to send it to spoof@paypal.com. I did this, and about an hour later received an email from Paypal that this indeed was a scam. I was relieved that I had not hit the SEND button and provided some idiot all of my personal information.

This morning I get another email from Paypal saying that a payment that I made to Shana (tinkerbellscloset.com) on 04/30/06 was denied due to limited access. SHANA!! I am working on this as we speak!! It seems as though Paypal has reason to believe that my account has been accessed by a third party and need to re-verify my information. I had to confirm my credit card #, my home address and they wanted to make an automated phone call to my home phone, problem being that I do not have a home phone, only a cell phone and they cannot make calls to cell phones. So, my account is locked until Paypal sends me a letter to my PO BOX to confirm my location and I send it back. WHAT A PAIN IN THE A$$. I just wanted to make ya'll privy to this information so you do not fall into the same scam that I almost did, or I guess it does looked like my account information was accessed even though I did not hit the SEND button.

Be careful, I'm a very cautious person and almost got taken!!

I was sent something exactly like that! Be careful out there everyone!

Francie
Francie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!