View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 12:12 PM   #13
DaisyMaesMom
and Ty too!
Donating Member

What people are trying to explain about her being too big is that the Yorkshire Terrier has a breed standard. That is between 4-7 lbs. If people continue to breed dogs that are outside of that standard we are going to deviate more and more from what a "Yorkie" is suppose to look like. What would be the point then for even having a standard. I myself have a girl that is almost 7 months old. She is 9 lbs already. I have began my research on becoming a breeder and hope to breed my first litter sometime next year. However, she has been spayed. She was not breed standard. Do I love her??? Heck yeah! I have since purchase my first stud and will be aquiring my first bitch in a few months. I've been researching for almost 4 months already and will continue to do so up until the day of my first litter next year. What people are trying to explain to you by saying "too big" is that she won't be standard and then we'll have a a whole lot of dogs (papered) running around that say they are yorkies, but don't even look like them. I hope that this makes sense to you and I'm not trying to knock you at all.. Just explain a little better.
DaisyMaesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!