View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 07:06 PM   #4
lilannie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Wow, thanks for that information, Bailey is the same way with carpet, and nothing bothers his taste buds, he is better now as he gets older, but I had to set something down on the spot that he kept pulling at. I love the idea of the leave it, but wasn't sure how to train him to obey that command. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTrixie143
All of my dogs love bitter apple or anything spicy. They arn't to found of bitter lime or bitter orange which you have to get from your vet. Since nothing seems to work as far as taste goes, I would train him to leave the carpet alone. You have to teach him the 'leave it' command which can be used for anything you don't want your dog sniffing, licking, or chewing. You can start with a treat or a toy in your hand. Let him sniff it once and then tell him 'leave it' and push his nose down and to the side. You will have to do this several several times before he gets the command. Make sure you don't let him have it until you tell him that he can. Usually they will get tired of the object and leave it alone which is the time to reward him because he did what you asked. Good luck with training!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!