View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 06:33 AM   #7
Sydney'sMom
YT 500 Club Member

Animal Smiley 019 different shots here

Hi.

It must be different depending where you live. Sydney had 1 set already when I picked her up (7 weeks) I then had to get her one at 9 weeks, 12 weeks (this one included the rabies shot), and 15 weeks. The vet told me that the 15 week shot is only given to toy dogs. I guess they give them smaller doses at a time so they need an extra dose. Now she is done for about a year.

Also some warning for the new mom who started this thread. The shot that includes the rabies hurts (stings or burns) more than the normal parvo. So when it is time for that one expect a little more crying and fussing than normal. Lots of rubbing helps work it in and makes it stop hurting.

Also good job in shopping around for a vet. My vet that I have trusted for years is retiring and I hate his replacement. The replacement is rough and unfriendly and turned a routine exam into a very unpleasant experience for Syd. So we found a new one who was gentle with our baby. Luckily we were able to schedule Syd's spaying with the old vet before he retired. I don't like to mess around with surgery.
Sydney'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!