View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 10:22 PM   #4
yorkieK9trainer
YT 1000 Club Member

Plane Unfortunantely our animals can't "speak" english.

I absolutely agree w/ you. If it were my pet I can GUARANTEE you that I'd be leaving in handcuffs because I would be going and getting my pet ONE WAY OR ANOTHER if I knew where he was and was in distress!!!

On the flip side, however I can see the airlines policy. Our loved pets ARE luggage to them and therefore are to be treated as such within certain peramiters. I know for a fact that depending on length of flight and lay over and so on, that dogs/cats are let out of their crates for a potty brake and can be offered minimal food and water prior to travel by attendants on the termac. That being said, they are responsible for that animals well being and safety. It's a risky thing to fly an animal and no one is hiding that fact. I have done so at least a hundred times (no exaggeration) and will continue to do so. I know that if something happens to my pet, that there is a chain of command and that my pet will receive that urgent care only if authorized. I still feel bad for the loss. I agree that it could've gone down differently. If the person in charge to make the call to release the animal wasn't present, then someone there at the scene should've been able to make the call. THAT is what I have a problem w/. Not that they have a warped policy in place to begin w/.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!