View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 01:34 PM   #12
Emmsmom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicesMom
It is sad, but what really makes me mad is that dumb, irresponsible owners let their dogs grow up to be this way. They think it's so neat to have a vicious dog that people are scared of. Why wouldn't you want a friendly, family pet that loves everyone. What is the attraction to making these dogs so mean. If this dog would have been raised in a proper home, this never would have happened! Darn those irresponsible pet owners! They give certain breeds, bad names and reputations.

I just wanted to say that some dogs are just prone to be this way. We have a dog that is very protective of us. He has never bitten anyone and is never given the chance to. We don't think it is neat to have a dog that doesn't like others. We did everything we could as a pup to try and prevent this. He is fine with all of our pets and is ok with the kids my daughter has over to play. We didn't set out to make him mean and overly protective it is just how he turned out. And yes he is fixed. Has been since he was a baby. I am very sorry this child got hurt I just can't imagine. Every case is different and I wish more people could see that. But it doesn't happen that way. Even the best most responible owners can have a dog escape. Now I don't know this case at all and this person could have been really careless. But to assume that all owners are irresponsible is just crazy.

michelle
Emmsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!