Thread: Sick Yorkie
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 03:09 AM   #11
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie
Welcome to YT and I hope and pray your little one will improve and you will find the answers to her problems!

It is my opinion that people don't come here to have their yorkies medical problems diagnosed by YT'ers, but to express their concerns and find out if anyone else's yorkie has displayed similar symptoms...also to get ideas of what it possibly could or couldn't be. I have seen times here on YT where someone has asked for info and have been able to pass the info on to their vet and it was something he/she had overlooked...and turned out to be just that! Not everyone here has a medical background, but have learned a lot through YT and their yorkies. I also believe that when someone come here concerned about a sick yorkie, that they are also looking for support, and that's what they get here...love and support and prayers and ideas on what it could or couldn't be. I don't think YT'ers make a diagnosis...they offer ideas and advice and concern and I highly respect the knowledge TY'ers possess.

I also think that if a vet cannot make a diagnosis, that it IS time to get a second opinion. If my vet wasn't doing everything possible to figure out the problem, you can bet I'd seek another, rather than let my yorkie weaken more and possibly suffer permanent effects from lack of treatment. Some vets are more competent than others! JMO
Perfectly said...

I agree - I think more often than not - people really ARE looking for moral support and 10,000 heads are better than one...it's up to the person asking the questions to pick and choose which replies are helpful ...but I've seen many MANY people helped by the members of this site. I do agree we are NOT vets- but experience can be a huge help when someone is looking for answers.

BarbC...I really hope you find the answers you're looking for - and wish you all the best... Don't give up and keep pushing the vet for more specific answers. I also have a 2 year old and I would be very very worried if I saw those symptoms - it's certaintly not normal and I hope you find out what's going on with her. GOOD LUCK !!

Last edited by red98vett; 05-01-2006 at 03:12 AM.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!