Thread: thoughts...???
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 10:58 PM   #1
TrueReviews
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default thoughts...???

Here is a story I would like to share for some opinions...I don't know how much the breeder Juliet would have charged. She came from a famous breeder in California from what I was told. She was a gift to me and her payment was a cash donation of 10,000.00 to raise money for Hurricane Katrina animal victims which was also donated in my name. She is a blessing and I can't imaging not having her now. (I hear the breeder there gets the big bucks for yorkies too). They thought she was going to get bigger than she turned out. I saw the woman who has her mother Yorkie and I can tell you she wants Juliet after seeing her. No chance but it is nice to know they get mean when they don't get a puppy back...(In a sarcastic way). The woman tried everything from telling me they sold the wrong puppy to actually asking me if I wanted to trade for a 4.5 lb female. I said never and she got hateful and said she could take me to court for having the wrong dog. I just laughed in her face and told her She was not the seller and Juliet was legally mine. She purchased the mother and sister and a brother...all larger. She didn't buy Juliet but claims she had the right to have had her. I don't see how...it is too funny. I didn't actually do the buying but I did meet the seller on the day I got Juliet. A person who works directly for the breeder. (The same person who sold the other woman the rest of the remaining dogs). I even met the woman that day and she commented on how Juliet was going to be bigger than her girl (which was funny considering her girl was larger). I think she wanted to sneak and trade Juliet then. We didn't talk much but she stared at me and kept asking to hold Juliet. I didn't let her. I forgot about her until she called my store looking to visit on day a few months later. When she came to visit me she pulled that about me having the wrong dog...which she said instantly upon seeing her. I am guessing it is because of her previous comment about how she thought Juliet was going to get bigger. Anyway I just wanted to see if anyone else ever had problems with people after buying??? I have several stories, lol. One for each Yorkie. Though the others are worse. I would like to find a good breeder for my 4th baby (my someday boy)!!! The first yorkie breeder I dealt with was a georgia man who was full of Lies!!! He said Lexie was going to stay small. She is my biggest girl now!!! I should have known but I didn't know what to look for then and he knew it. I have since visited his site and found his yorkies look kind of odd. For a long time we were wondering if Lexie was a Silky since her size increased rapidly but after meeting other people with larger yorkies and seeing a few silkies I see she is similar but not one. Anyway the breeder Justin was not an easy person to deal with. I would call him and explain her size was an issue...mainly because my last home only allowed dogs 5lbs and under and he guaranteed she would be under. (Now I know there is no guarantee) Lexie is 1 year old and still growing! and not at all overweight. I have since called and without asking who he was talking to he said he has never been called by a buyer with size complaints...Hello I have called a few times...and to top that off my friends called. He never asked names and gave the same story. We tested that one!!! And there is Romeo which I already explained on another thread about bad breeders. The point is not to complain here though as much as it is to see other breeder experiences. I have since learned my lessons. The thing is I don't really care about the size or look of my yorkies...They could be bigger and bald for all I care...the real thing is many breeders are scamming people. Saying their puppies will stay small or look a certain way...making guarantees they can't honestly make to people who don't know better. I would never give them the dogs back!!! I would however like honesty. If they think the yorkie is going to get bigger they could say it! I know plenty of people who want bigger yorkies due to having kids or having the fears of stepping on smaller ones. When you tell someone you are looking for a certain size they can say well the parents are smaller so you might try this one but you always run a risk of having a larger baby unless you purchase one over 4 months old. See I knew Juliet was going to stay small (granted not this small) but at 4 months she weighed under 1 lb, so she was not going to be a big doggie full grown.
Well enough venting...I am sorry...it is just after going through the scare with Juliet I found it stressing that the woman would get so hateful with me and I guess i needed to talk about it some. So...if you are still reading this thanks for letting me vent some...lol
~Tru :-)
TrueReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!