View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 07:10 AM   #7
Oscar's Mom
My Little Biker Dude
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdysMom
I don't mean to butt in - but from my experience - I would pay that $600 per month for health insurance if my husband had type II diabetes.

Mine does have type II diabetes and he had to have open heart surgery = over $50,000 and developed heart failure = hospitalized 4 times in the past 2 years = $$$$$ a special pacemaker for persons with heart failure = $110,000 All the problems are directly related to or caused by type II diabetes. It's worth rethinking that insurance for $600 per month. Thank goodness we had/have health insurance. His monthly medications would be about $900 per month without insurance.
He had not been diagnosed with the Type II Diabetes when we dropped the insurance. If we had know he had it we would have never dropped it. We had no idea he had it at that time. But you are right, the Diabetes is the tip of the iceberg in relation to the other problems it can cause. Now, he is practically un-insurable. He has his Diabetes under control with meds now so we are keeping our fingers crossed that it will stay that way.
****************** RIP SHARON 8-10-63 to 9-21-08
Oscar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!