View Single Post
Old 04-29-2006, 05:44 PM   #3
Oscar's Mom
My Little Biker Dude
Donating Member

Default It is breaking a lot of people in this country!

We are in the same boat. My husband is Type 2 Diabetic, high cholesterol and all the other crap that goes with all of that. And we have no insurance. We are self employed and had insurance a couple of years ago til it went up over $600 a month. So now we figure it is cheaper to just pay as we need it than pay such high premiums. Dr.'s and drug companies give insurance companies breaks on what they compensate for...you think they would pass that break onto the un-insured...but they don't. I am sorry you are going thru this. Have you tried any other means of preventing your migraines? Maybe chiropractic or holistic or herbal remedies? I don't know that much about them except I used to have them when I took birth control pills and when I got off of them, the migraines stopped. I know how you are suffering. Hope it all works out for you. As an afterthought, if you are not already taking a magnesium supplement daily, you might want to think about taking one...I was getting headaches all the time, woke up with them in the morning. Started magnesium, 500 mg twice a day and no more headaches. It is good for the heart and gastro-intestinal system as well...ask you Dr. and see if it might help.
****************** RIP SHARON 8-10-63 to 9-21-08
Oscar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!