View Single Post
Old 04-29-2006, 05:34 PM   #1
Kathryn_V
Out to Spoil the World!
Donating Member

Angry The Price of Prescription Medication!!!

I am just so frustrated guys!!! I apologize up front for ranting and raving! But I just need to vent!

I just picked up my Migraine Preventative Therapy Medication today and I left the pharmacy sick to my stomach! This is my second month without medical coverage... I lost it when I moved down to Southern California... There was no store for me to transfer to so I had to leave the Company and my benefits behind. I just paid $414.50 for two Prescriptions. And one of them is generic... But the Most expensive one is not available as a generic....

Thats $5334.61 a year after tax!!!!!

Which would not be so bad if I was still employed!! 6 months ago this would not have been an issue for me.... but it is now!! My husband has been off work for almost two months and the move took a big bite out of us... he starts back next week... but I am at home now... and we are living on one salary.... I was totally prepared to scale down my life and my spending to do so... but I was not ready for an expense like this. I am just floored!! I almost did not pick my meds up... And I am seriously thinking about tapering off and not continuing them next month... The reactive medication is about half the price of the preventative... only downside is I would be reacting to some serious pain... and not always in time to stop it...

You would think that they would give a cash discount or something??? How do they expect people to pay for this stuff???

I just don't get it?? Not that I think it should be free.... I don't... I just can't believe that I can get 100 Vicoden (a narcotic!) for $80.00 and I cant get my Preventative Meds for under $400! Every 30 days!!! thats like buying a yorkie every 60 to 90 days!!! sheesh!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!