View Single Post
Old 04-29-2006, 10:00 AM   #17
winnismom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtif
My yorkie, Malibu, is left in our laundry room throughout the day as we are in and out. He is not normally left alone for more than 4-6 hours. We go to the lake regularly, but have not been yet since we've had him since we got him at the end of last summer. We are going Sunday. Taking him is one option, but the lake we go to wouldn't be very pet friendly. So...how long is too long to leave him home alone? Would one short visit from a friend to let him out be sufficient over a 10 hour period? or...do any of you have experience taking your yorkies to the lake? How do they handle it? I worry about him...Thanks.
You're a good momma to worry about him being alone too long! It's a fact of life that sometimes our dogs simply can't go with us. That's life folks!! Your question is "Would one short visit from a friend to let him out be sufficient over a ten hour period?" I think that TWO visits from your friend to let him out is more appropriate. One visit 4 hours after you leave him and then the next one fours hours after that. I'm sure everything will be fine and he will be ok with that. Have fun at the lake!!!!
winnismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!