View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 01:03 PM   #7
Bizzymammabee
Luvs Lulu
Donating Member

Default Pain

The ortho was very suprised that Hobbs didn't have any pain in the leg. He did say that eventually with or without the surgery he would have arthritis from the friction of it all. It was weird to watch because he would be walking fine and the leg would slip out of place. He would stop and stand still and shake it a bit and put it back into place. That really hurt my heart to see . You know when the ortho went in to perform the surgery he saw that there was a past attempt at fixing it but the person was not skilled. If they were then it would have healed fine...the fools attempted to use some sort of string to secure the site. So thankfully he took picture for me. I was in a fight with Hobb's breeder over the issue. She tried to say that my kids were the ones that hurt the dog and that is why it was my fault. So with this proof she had no choice but to fess up to knowing about it and trying to correct it before she sold him. It was rough. The surgery went well and he had a cast for a couple weeks and had bed rest. At first when the cast came off it looked like it was successful but a couple days later it started slipping again. He does well with it as it is and doesn't seem to complain with it. I know when he gets older he will suffer from arthritis in that area due to the two surgeries and the fact that it never really took. So that will be dealt with down the line. I had to place him in another home (with my husband's uncle) because he would get depressed wanting to play like a rough and tumble pup should with the kids. It got to the point that he would snap at them for nothing. The rehoming worked well for us all. I get to see him as much as I can and he is now an only child that is doted on my hubby's uncle who is single and retired. I continue to pay for his medical care and also get him stuff for arthritis that is sprinkled on his food to help now and for in the future as it gets worse. He is still a sweet vivacious fella though. Has a lot of love but really needed a slower household.

Good luck and pm or keep chatting here if you need to...I will be happy to talk to you.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!