Thread: A sad Situation
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 05:48 PM   #1
yougetthesmiles
BANNED FOR NOT MAILING PRODUCTS PURCHASED

Cry A sad Situation

I have a serious question to ask you all!
I have a niece and a nephew on my husbands side, the kids are 9 and 4 a boy and a girl. The kids mom has been in and out of there lives for several years, she has pulled more stunts then you can imagine, she has even went as far as trying to commit suicide in front of the kids, she lives in OK City and 2 years ago called my husband and I to come pick up the kids because she didnt want them anymore, so we took them for that summer and then she decided she wanted them back, so we thought she was ready and we gave them back, now she has pulled some stunts again and she has given the kids to my husbands parents, they have had the kids for almost a year now, but the problem goes way deeper, his parents are not capable of taking care of the kids, they love them and all but thats not the problem, they live in a filthy house and the grandma is ALWAYS sick, I mean in the 5 years I have been with my husband this woman has NEVER felt good, she always has some excuse of what is wrong with her. So she never cleans her house and the oldest girl (9) is always doing for the younger one, when she is in school all the younger one does is watch TV and when he is hungry he just gets in the fridge and gets a hot dog, slice cheese, or something he can get himself. We have offered to help clean the house but she wont let us, she always says, ohh I will do it when I feel better.... The thing is, the kids are really bad, they don't listen and they have had NO disipline whats so ever! When they come to are house I just about pull my hair out, my kids are all pretty well behaved and I'm just not use to this kind of behavior and I dont know what to do. My husband and I have talked and he thinks it's better for them to stay with the grandparents where they at least can be together and have there family around. I have thought about calling the welfare but I just can't bring myself to do it, I really dont want the kids split apart but I know that there not in a good enviroment either. My husband and I both work full time and we really can't afford taking on 2 more kids, plus we don't have the room.
What do you think I should do?
yougetthesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!