View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 02:39 PM   #1
Vikkie&Casper
Yorkie Talker

Confused Soft or Hard food? Which is best?

First of all I must apologise if this question is has already come up- or is a "no-brainer"- I am new to this site- I have been reading on here for quite a while and finally (tonight) decided to become a member!

I have a Rescue Yorkie dog called Casper (from South Yorkshire, England- I'm very proud and he's so adorable )

No one knows his age- the late previous owner's daughter took him to the RSPCA and said he was 2- I took him to the Vets and they said he was more like double figures !! I was in shock- this was all to do with the state of his teeth- they were terrible and most of them have been removed- god knows what his owner was feeding him on!

Anyway, since the bad teeth have been removed, his appetite has been brilliant! I've managed to get him eating Nature Diet- free of all additives and all that jazz. However, whenever we treat him with an actual piece of freshly cooked meat- or anything other than his dog food, his won't eat the next day- he has such a sensitive digestive system and seems to have a funny stomach far too often and the odd case of diarrhea-

I've now started to try and get him to eat a dry food I know he also loves by Eukanuba but rebranded by Pets at Home to try and save whatever teeth he has left with wheat, gluten free etc

One minute I hear soft food is better, the next, dry food is better because its easier on their digestive system and helps clean their teeth (I've had Casper for 4 months and he doesn't like messing around his teeth)

Sorry for such a long post-

What's your thoughts? Is soft or hard food better?

Kind Regards,
Vikkiekaye x
Vikkie&Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!