View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 09:15 AM   #15
Amanda7
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Thank you yorkieK9trainer for taking the time to explain. My Baxter is a very good example of this. The breeder from where he came is widely recognized and respected in the NY area. She judges for the AKC and has had over 150 champions here and abroad. Baxter's parents were both beautiful specimens who conformed to the breed standard. (I saw both of them). When I first contacted the breeder, I mentioned that we were looking for a larger male, and she mentioned that her present litter had two small females, and two larger males. We chose Baxter who was 5 lbs at 12 weeks. On the registration papers she gave us, she checked the box "offspring of this dog not eligible for registration". Baxter is now 16 months old and weighs 12 lbs. He is in every way an exact replica of a 7 lb yorkie, only larger, and he is just perfect for our family.

Now his size is not the breeders fault. She bred to the best of her ability, and nature and genetics did the rest. Our official AKC papers also state clearly, "offspring of this dog not eligible for registration". Isn't this a fair way to handle situations like this, since they are unavoidable?

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.
Amanda7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!