View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 08:50 AM   #12
bchgirl
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueyinter
I believe the AKC registration does confirm the fact that the pup is purebred. However, because of not only bad breeding, but also genetic throwbacks not all of them would fall into the breed standard that AKC has set. The AKC breed standards are the guidelines that an ideal specimen would fall into. And according to these standards is how the judge for competitions & shows.

The AKC standards are applicable to ALL breeds not just Yorkies. Pick any breed on the AKC website and you'll find the standards plus what is considered a defect. Many times a defect will be something with the animal's coat so obviously Yorkies aren't the only ones with different types of hair or coloring. It just may not be as noticable to we yorkie lovers. My friend has a beagle....he is the shortest beagle I've ever seen. I'm certain people ask if he is a mix.

I would be far more concern about the "breeders" who advertise their pups as having champion lines or champion sired....and there isn't a champion anywhere in the line. I'd be interested in knowing exactly how many people ever even question that statement.
bchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!