View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 04:55 AM   #1
Cheska's Bella
YT 500 Club Member

Default How many times will your Yorkie use...

the pee/poo pad before it needs changed???

Bella is almost 5mths old now, and I've had the luxury of being a "stay-at-home Mom" with her. Well... unfortunately I must go back to work (full-time) in a couple weeks, so I won't be home to change the pad. She doesn't seem to like to go on a dirty pad (understandably!!!) so when home, I change it often and always pick up the poo right away. But... if for some reason, I don't realize she's gone, (especially poo) she won't use the pad again and she'll go in front of it.

Well... I'll be gone all day so I won't be able to change it so she's inevitably going to end up pooing/peeing all around the pad trying to find a clean spot!

So I'm sure the suggestion would be to place numerous pads around so she can have plenty of places to go but there is a problem. I've been placing the pad inside a large wire crate. Well... not too large, I think it's the 22 inch. But anyways, I started placing the pad in the crate because it kind of confined her to poo/pee in there, and it keeps things neater. She'll hop in there and do her business and be done. I can't buy a whole bunch of crates because we really don't have the room to place them everywhere... Ack!

So I'm thinking perhaps crating her while gone... but I really don't want to crate her for 7+ hrs!!! I won't be able to come home on lunches...

Cheska's Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!