View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 03:10 AM   #6
sandraj
YT Addict

Welcome to Yorkietalk. I understand how you feel.My baby Holly--3lbs,6 months-was spayed on Monday.I was a wreck and asked so many questions. Thanks to Yorkietalk I knew the right things to ask for and my vets were superb. She had pre-op blood tests done-interesting to see the results. She had her general, and had a drip in too to make sure she was stable.She had a post-op pain injection. She has 3 stitches-outside-and a really small incision. They made such a fuss of her and phoned me as soon as she woke up.
She has been really sleepy since Monday,but tonight is running around wanting to play and getting back to her usual lively self.We had a 48 hr check last night and every thing is healing well.No body stocking,but I had to get her a special headcollar the first evening as she tried to bite her stitches. She only wore it for an hour as she was so miserable-I just held her on my knee and stopped her worrying them. She has eaten a little fairly often since the op and toilets ok in the garden-I have been carrying her out til today. Too early to tell about weight gain, but I am hoping so as she is so tiny. I am glad now it is all over and looking forward to our first walk post-op when her stitches are out! good luck and I am sure everything will be fine!
PS When I picked her up she looked so strange as her ears were flat down,she was feeling bad. They soon perked up the next day!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!