View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 06:22 PM   #1
Kirby's Dad
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default How long does Advantage flea stuff last with baths?

Kirby had his last flea treatment on 4/7, about 3 weeks ago. The package says it lasts for 30 days but it's vague about baths. It says on the package and I quote "Advantage remains efficacious following a shampoo treatment, swimming or after exposure to rain or sunlight". (after getting out the dictionary to look up 'efficacious', it means 'effective', why can't people just use the simplest term to get the job done, jeeze.) Maybe the keyword there is 'A', ...follwing A shampoo treatment... does that mean one bath?

It doesn't say how many baths it lasts through. I'm going to try bathe him about 2-3 times a month, every 10-14 days or so. So should I reapply the Advantage after the 2nd bath of the month or what? I've noticed him scratching and biting his butt and legs more lately but I haven't actually seen any fleas.

Does anybody else use Advantage? If so how often do you apply after baths. I know this stuff is toxic and is a pesticide so I don't want to over do it but I also don't want him, or me, to get fleas.

Last edited by Kirby's Dad; 04-26-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Kirby's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!