View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
oceanair27
YT Addict

Unhappy What would you do?

Let me start by saying that I have an older half sister (Renee)that is mildly mentaly handicapped. She graduated in special edducation classes. She is capable of driving a car,she is married and has her own place. She also has SEVEN dogs!! Three purebred s**tzus that her mother gave to her before moving to Las Vegas,and 4 mixed breeds. Anyway, I have tried to talk to her about them needing to have shots every year and flea preventitive,but she will have none of the conversation! She says her mother had given all her purebreds shots before giving them to her,and that they dont need anymore! (4 years ago)I must also explain that she is not one to argue with,she just doesent understand,she thinks she is allways right and thats the end of conversation. The problem IS THIS.... I went to visit with her about 2 months ago and the s**tzus looked as if they had mange or severe fleas, I then asked if they had there shots and if they had fleas? Their bottoms were almost completely bald,and they just kept scratching, She then repeated what I had told you earlier about her mom getting their shots done before giving them to her. So, I gave up went home and waited a couple of days so it wouldnt look obvious then called Help the animals to see what they could do. If my half sister was to find out I did that she would go crazy,like destroy your car type crazy! Well, I have been checking back with them over and over and they told me the last time I talked to them that they have sent someone to her house and waiting to hear back from them. That was 6 weeks ago,so I just called again and they said the person that was supposed to go out there has lost her address,they need it again. Well,I dont know it! I had to drive by her house to get it the first time. And, why didnt they call me when they first lost the address?!! My question is this, I was trying to go about this in a nice way,for Renee's sake but I'm thinking I'm getting the run a round from the help shelter. What would you do? I dont want to hurt her, but I also dont want the dogs to suffer any longer, and I know for a fact she wouldnt be able to afford to take care of them especially with mange. I didnt stay at her house long enough to see the mix dogs,becouse they were out in the garage. Who knows what they might have. Any ideas?
oceanair27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!