View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 10:21 AM   #1
Kathryn_V
Out to Spoil the World!
Donating Member

Question Revolution V's Interceptor and Frontline combo

Ok guys... I am headed to the vet on Thurs... A new vet.

The last one told me that Paris did not need Heartworm Prevention and that I should take Pixie off of hers! He said that heartworm has never been a problem here in the desert and fleas and ticks aren't either so I should stop the frontline too! Its not healthy for the dogs to be on those meds when its not necessary.

WHAT????????? I went home and called 3 other vets who just about hit the floor when I asked their opinions... They all asked if I was joking... I wished I was! They all confirmed that my gut feeling was very right... Pixie should stay on her preventatives and Paris needed to start!

Needless to say, we aren't going back to him!

So I am going to another Female vet who suggests Revolution... I was game until I found out it was TOPICAL.... I hate the frontline!!! The way it feels and makes the girls smell! And I always wonder if it really lasts through their weekly baths???

Will I just Groom their protection off in a week? For those of you who use it... Does it smell?? Can you feel it on their coat?? My girls are small, so that little squirt along their neck/shoulders covers their whole upper body as it spreads! Is it like the frontline stuff.... I paid a fortune for the FL and I hate it!!!! But I am using it... I paid for it... Its going to get used!

Help!!!! Are you using it?? Do you wash wash wash??? Will it work work work?? Is it Gross Gross Gross???
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!