View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 08:30 AM   #11
pebblesmama
Senior Yorkie Talker

I have four dogs, all gotten at different times and they all have learned to get along fine. It is a process that takes a little bit of time. It reminds me of when my third daughter was born. My oldest daughter hated her and did not want her and spent considerable time thinking of ways to get rid of her! It took some time and patience and today they are good friends, not only sisters. I understand your anxiety about this but you really need to just give it some time. Imagine if Mickey were a child and you had another child come into the family. You just can't get rid of it. Everyone needs to learn how to get along. I think it is an important part of Mickey's growth and development. He needs to learn how to cope when things don't go his way. Does this make sense? I appreciate your sensitivity to him, but trust me, coddling him and spoiling him in this area is not helping him to be a good dog. He will soon learn that you don't love him any less and he may gain a good dog buddy in the process.
pebblesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!