View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 07:58 AM   #9
Kathryn_V
Out to Spoil the World!
Donating Member

Kathy.... The reason it was so darn hard to get out... was because groomers use bows that have "rubber" bands. Rubber eats hair! Seriously!! It will break, tear out, and destroy a nice head of hair, leaving fringe and flyaways to hang down in poor baby's eyes!

I use Nylon Bands... As do Many other Dog people! They are the no pull kind! you can find them in the human hair section of most drus and super stores... they come in many sizes... but you want the smallest, they look like ortho bands! lol They are TINY! but they stretch! Or if your dogs hair is really thick, you can do the next size up... whichever you choose... wrap it good and tight... and it will hold all day! Yes... you could leave it for a week... but you NEVER WOULD! you should take it out every night! If you don't you asking for a big matt on the head and tons of breakage, and bad skin on the scalp... they need that hair down at night... Just like you would not want a tight pony for a week... they dont!

If you look at the goody brand clips in the human section... they have these clips that are super tiny... they are simple jaw type with teeth... they come in a pack with clear, brown, and black... Both of my girls can go all day with these in their hair!! and they even stay in while they fight!! The key is to pin the tail of hair down and back on the head and not clip it in the air! If I clip it in the air... it will slide right off of the pony tail! but if I take the pony and lay it back on the head and clip it down and catch some of the side hair... it will stay all day!! I can take a pic if anyone is really interested...

I tend to ramble on about the strangest things!!! lol

Any way... I hope I have helped some...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!