View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 07:17 PM   #5
Izzy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thumbs up

Thank you so very much for replying to my post and for your advice. Izzy has been doing a lot better this past day or so. I really do feel that what she was experiencing was separation anxiety. Even though I tried to get her to socialize and play she just wanted no part of it. Normally, she is a well socialized and well behaved pet who wants to play hide and seek and catch, among other things, but she was just not interested in her normal schedule or the things she enjoyed. All she wanted to do was whine and cuddle. I was really quite worried, as she was not keeping down any food and had very little interest to eat her scheduled meals for several days, which seemed more like anorexia than a virus. Thank goodness she is finally coming around again and getting back to her old self.

Izzy is a very well socialized and well behaved pet, even though we tend to spoil her a little at times!! But how can you not help it with a face like that!!! I understand completely what you are saying, when you mentioned that at this time it is important not to overspoil her,as it may not be in Izzy's best interest or mine at this time. I will certainly do what I feel is necessary, so that Izzy remains well adjusted and happy. I have raised two wonderful children to adulthood and that did not do me in, so I am sure I can manage Izzy. Izzy is very much a part of this family. However, there is one positive note.....no tuition fees!!! So I do not feel one bit guilty when I give her the extra cuddles or spoil her a little bit at times. I am not preparing her for Med School. This one is not leaving home to try and make it out into this rotten old world, but she does have to follow the rules too.

Debbie & Izzy
Newfoundland & Labrador
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!